Barbara's Beat: Survival Bouquets© are a hit for end of year presents
Sam's Club

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Survival Bouquets© are a hit for end of year presents

It makes me proud when my grandsons want me to help make their teachers a Survival Bouquet.

I created the first one when my eldest grandson, Tyler, was completing kindergarten. He is now officially a sixth grader and his brother, Dylan, is a third grader.

I am so proud of the fine young men my grandsons have become. After each boy had received their awards at the end of school graduation, it was their turn to give. They beamed with pride giving their presents to their teachers, and they both got a big hug from a teacher who was nearly in tears.

Now, the boys get a well deserved vacation. I'm sure to spend more time with them the next couple of months, because they love to come to grandma's house.

I don't know where the time has gone, only that when it's gone, we can't get it back. That's why I hold each moment with my grandchildren so close to my heart.




2 comments:

Staci A said...

What a cute gift idea! Hope you have lots of fun this summer!

Barbara's Beat said...

Staci,

Thank you for stopping by.

When I came up with the concept I didn't know how hard they would be be to make or how long it would take to make them. Many peopl have requested them, but it takes many hours to make just one.

I hope you have a great summer as well.

Barbara