Barbara's Beat: Can I ride in the big seat?
Sam's Club

Friday, June 12, 2009

Can I ride in the big seat?

It breaks my heart when babies get their feelings hurt and cry. So my husband and I have learned it's easier to distract them and keep everybody happy.

One day we went to our grandson's baseball game and Kristen got in the truck so she could play and be cooler. One thing she played with was strapping herself in the "big seat".

When it came time to leave she got strapped in and started chiming, "Paw Paw, Paw Paw" asking to ride in her brother's seat.

As hard as it is to say no to that sweet, innocent face, this was one time Kristen had to be told no - gently of course, for her own safety.

It didn't take much to get her mind on something else, then she got into her Graco car seat and we all had a great day without a fight or tears.

No comments: