Barbara's Beat: New Year crash leads to new HP
Sam's Club

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year crash leads to new HP


What a way to start the New Year? I hope someone missed us.


Just when you think the holidays are behind you and a new year of good things are ahead, something goes wrong. It always does.

This year we wanted to start out strong with Barbara's Beat. But, our computer had another plan. The mother board died.

So, we had to start shopping around and find a new HP. Then, hubby had the job of transferring all the data from the old one to the new one. After a couple days, he handed it to me for some fine tuning - which I am still working on.

As you know, every time a computer crashes, even with back-up files, we seem to lose or misplace some things. That said, if you're waiting on a giveaway - send us another email to be safe.

It will take a little while to become familiar with this new system. Hopefully, not too long.

Thanks for your patience.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your motherboard frying. My computer hard drive crashed while backing up (so of course it corrupted the back up as well) a few months ago. I lost all of my documents and music and movies that I had saved on that drive. Thankfully, I had just recently synced all of my photos to my iPad, so I didn't lose any of those precious memories.

Good luck getting used to the new system, and I'll patiently be awaiting your next post. :)

MTgunfighter said...

All computers have a 'failure' circuit.

The job of the 'failure circuit' is to detect when the human operator is under stress, on a deadline or believes their computer doesn't need any attention.

Upon discovering any, or all three, of these conditions, the 'failure circuit' immediately causes the computer to fail and corrupt as much data as it thinks is necessary to teach the user a lesson.

In uni, my computers always failed around two hours before the deadline to turn in research paper. Laser printers have failure circuits, too, and will run out of toner when you need them most...