Barbara's Beat: Meatloaf, Bob Evans Refrigerated Mashed Potatoes and cheese
Sam's Club

Monday, December 5, 2011

Meatloaf, Bob Evans Refrigerated Mashed Potatoes and cheese


We love mash potatoes, but I don't always have time to prepare them from scratch. Recently, we were asked to review Bob Evans Refrigerated Mashed Potatoes, so we wanted to see if Bob really does make good potatoes.

We received a:
Bob Evans Lunch Cooler

Package of Bob Evans Refrigerated Mashed Potatoes
A "Potato Clock" craft project
Two coupons for a free Bob Evans Side Dish

Instead of just heating the potatoes and serving them as a side dish, I wanted to try a recipe with them to see how the potatoes would work. I don't use measurements, but I will tell what I put in my meatloaf.

My meatloaf consists of ground beef, Italian bread crumbs, eggs, ketchup, diced onions, salt and pepper to taste, Paprika, and Herb Garlic spice. I usually put a can of tomato soup in it, but I ran out so I substituted with ketchup in the recipe. I also cover the mound with ketchup before it hits the oven. I bake mine on a cookie sheet at 350 degress until it is brown.

After my meatloaf was done I removed it from the oven to cool a little. I then transferred it to a loaf pan. I had my Bob Evans potatoes thawed and topped my meatloaf with them. The potatoes went down the sides and covered the top.

I then put shredded cheese on top of the potatoes. The loaf was then returned to the oven. I baked it for a while so the potatoes and cheese could get a crust on top. Then, I turned on the broiler for a short time to brown the cheese slightly.

This can be made ahead and served the next day with corn and maybe rolls for a meal.

The Bob Evans Potatoes are easy to prepare and very good. They are creamy and taste like homemade. Bob Evans Refrigerated Mashed Potatoes are refrigerated to be kept fresh, because they are made with real milk, real butter and real potatoes. They also come in different flavor combinations.

We plan to stock our freezer with Bob's potatoes.

Full disclosure: We received the products mentioned in this post for this review through BFPR.

Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

HilLesha O'Nan said...

We love Bob Evans mashed potatoes!

Ms Janet said...

that looks really good.

London Accountant said...

Great, seems both tasty and convenient - a rare combination.

patricia said...

That is a real good idea for a fast and yummy meal...thanks for sharing!