Barbara's Beat: MOMtrepreneur Tip of the Day:How to make scratch-off cards
Sam's Club

Friday, November 18, 2011

MOMtrepreneur Tip of the Day:
How to make scratch-off cards

When I had my daughter's baby shower, I wanted to make some scratch-off cards for a game, but I didn't know how to make them. I tried to find some to buy, and I couldn't find any, so I had to give up on the idea. Now, I can make my own.




Here is what you need:

Cardstock, a design, a glue stick, laminate, silver metallic acrylic paint, and dish-washing liquid soap.

Mitsy said to print out your design on the scratch-off cards. She said it's best if you can print directly onto cardstock. Otherwise, you can print onto white paper, cut out the design and glue it onto color cardstock. Remember, you have to make one a winner.
 
Then, apply a clear sheet of laminate over your design.
 
Mix metallic acrylic paint with the dish-washing liquid. Try mixing one part dish-washing liquid with two parts paint. Mitsy said too much washing liquid will make bubbles on the foil and when you want to rub it off it feels kind of greasy. She advises not using too much detergent and run a little test before you do a lot.
 
Paint on the laminate to cover the design part of your ticket and let it dry. Add another coat of paint if needed.




The card is ready to be scratched off. Good luck.
Visit ArtMind to see the full tutorial and all the photos that show you how to make the cards.

Share/Save/Bookmark
Mitsy of ArtMind, has a great tutorial about how to make scratch-off cards.

2 comments:

Faith and Family Reviews said...

That is SO cool! Thank you for sharing!

Melissa Au said...

What a brilliant idea! I love this idea!