Barbara's Beat: Idol's final four takes the stage, who's going home tonight?
Sam's Club

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Idol's final four takes the stage, who's going home tonight?

Fox News
Lady Gaga mentored the Idols this week. She had to help Lauren get over singing "evil" about herself, embarrassed Scotty, told Haley to breathe, and helped James move his hips.


There were two rounds last night. Round one had an inspirational theme.

James Durbin - Don’t Stop Believing

He had me believing. He did a great job, as always.

Haley Reinhart - The Earth Song

I have never heard of this Michael Jackson song, and it wasn't a good song choice for her. And the judges didn't like it either. She has a problem with song choices.

Scotty McCreery - Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning

This was a powerful message. A very thought-provoking song. Scotty did it perfectly and made Alan Jackson proud. 

Lauren Alaina - Anyway

Lauren sang from her heart. She knocked it out of the park and ended it with a thank you.

Haley - I Who Have Nothing

She must have gotten fired up at the judges comments, because she slammed this one. She even got a standing ovation from the judges.

But, for me she proved tonight she isn't consistent, and she doesn't sing what I want to go to a concert to hear.

Scotty - Young Blood

He gave quite a performance on this one, and had fun with the audience. I love Scotty’s playfulness and humor. I would love to see him in concert.

Lauren - Trouble

Wow! She strutted in sexy and in charge. Then she told the judges and viewers she was in it to win it! She can really belt it out and she’s 16. I would go see her in concert. And, I love how polite Lauren is always saying “thank you” at the end of a performance. She's got what it takes.

James - Love Potion No. 9

I didn't know what to expect when I heard he was doing this song, but he nailed it. He added his Jamesism on that song and made it work. He's great.

It all comes down to who would we dish out money to go see in concert? Or which Idol would we buy music from?

For me, although Haley sings great, I wouldn't spend any money on her music. So it's time for her to go home. Next week, I would hate it, but I would like to see James go home. 

Who do you want to go home tonight?
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: