Barbara's Beat: 2010 Holiday Photo Contest: Ice skating at Carolina Christmas, Charlotte Motor Speedway
Sam's Club

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 Holiday Photo Contest: Ice skating at Carolina Christmas, Charlotte Motor Speedway

Look, I can ice skate with my eyes closed
Ice skating for the first time, my grandkids look like they've been doing it all their lives, Dylan and Tyler, in the back, and Kristen, 3, in the front, seems to say, "Look, I can ice skate with my eyes closed". This photo is being entered in a 2010 Holiday Photo Contest being judged by www.uprinting.com.


Kristen shows off her moves on the ice with her dad.

Our holiday season ended Sunday with a trip to Carolina Christmas at Charlotte Motor Speedway for the 2.5-mile drive-through Christmas light park with more than one million LED lights, and to take our grandkids ice skating for the first time. The Coca-Cola Igloo created a synthetic ice skating rink for this event.

Dylan ice skating

I love the idea that my grandkids could ice skate without the ice. It made safer when they fell. 

Synthetic ice is the perfect package of glide-ability, durability and ease of use without compromising the fun of skating on ice. It's also an environmentally friendly skating rink.

Tyler ice skating

I wish they had more time to skate after we got there. They had so much fun they didn't want to leave. I have to find another rink like this one so they can go again.


As we left the lights in the rear, my husband got to experience the thrill of driving on the speedway as he climbed the steep banking of Turn 2 to exit the Speedway. We can't wait to go back again next year.



Full disclosure: this is an entry to GiveawayBlogs.com “2010 Holiday Photo Contest”.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: