Barbara's Beat: Tips how we get our grandchildren to enjoy reading during the summer
Sam's Club

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tips how we get our grandchildren to enjoy reading during the summer

I Can Read! Books Become an I Can Read! Member


I'm so happy my grandchildren enjoy reading. It doesn't take a lot to get them to read during the summer when they are rewarded.

My daughter takes our grandsons to the school library weekly, where the boys can earn books from the bookstore for reading during the summer. They love to do this, because they earn the right to pick a book they like.

My husband and also I subscribe to children's magazines in our grandsons names as special gifts so they have reading to look forward to. We always pick a topic they're interested in at the time, so they want to read. This requires keeping up with their activities. They may like baseball one year, and skakeboarding the next.

The boys also have a kit to create their own books. I hope to get one for our granddaughter, too. They're all very creative.

Since our three-year-old granddaughter is interested in books, too, I want to help her become a reader. We buy her books on special occasions like Easter and read stories to her. And it's fun to let her read to us.

TwitterMoms and HarperCollins Children's Books want children to embrace summer reading and get an I Can Read! book. Learn how you can participate.

HarperCollins Children’s Books is the number one beginner reader series in the country with, I Can Read! It's the open door to a child’s adventure with the most beloved characters in the history of children’s literature. It's a proven series for encouraging young readers from early reading together to advanced reading alone.

The, I Can Read! series debuted in 1957 with the introduction of a familiar favorite, Little Bear. It was one of the first ever easy-to-read books that children could read independently, and has been in print ever since. Now with more than 6 million I Can Read! books sold, including 200 titles, I Can Read! books is the best series to take children step by step into the wonderful world of reading on their own.

Full Disclosure: “I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms blogging program to be eligible to get an "I Can Read!" book. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: