Barbara's Beat: Win a $500 Visa GC, HP 14″ Chromebook PC, and 20 Back to School prize packages 8/15
Sam's Club

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Win a $500 Visa GC, HP 14″ Chromebook PC, and 20 Back to School prize packages 8/15

Back To School Tech Sweepstakes


Host: Mom Powered Media
Co-Hosts: Barbara's Beat, Monica's Rants, Raves and Reviews, The Jenny Evolution, Memoirs of a Clueless Woman, My Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Life, My DaylightsSaving You Dinero, Shaping Up To Be A Mom, Robyn's View, Coupons and Freebies Mom, A Hen's Nest, Budget Savvy Diva, Mutterings Of A Mindless Mommy, Your Sassy Self and Nest Full of New

Education is important. Without it, you don't stand a chance getting a good job. But, education costs money. And, you need a computer.

We believe in higher education and want to help our readers get there. To help you reach your goals, we are giving one lucky reader a $500 Visa Gift Card, and an HP 14″ Chromebook PC. 

There will also be 20 second-place winners. They will each receive a Back to School prize package. So, what are you waiting for? Let's get Back To School ready, tech style.

The sleek, next-generation HP Pavilion 14-Q020NR 14" Chromebook PC can help you get online, fast. You can access your favorite websites and Google Chrome apps on the 14-inch diagonal HD display in seconds.  

HP 14″ Chromebook PC features:
  • Intel Celeron 2955U Dual-Core processor 1.40GHz
  • 2GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory
  • 16GB solid state drive
  • 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN
  • Intel HD GMA Graphics
  • Webcam
  • SD memory card reader
  • 1 x USB 2.0 port, 1 x USB 3.0 port, 1 x HDMI port, 1 x Acer converter port
  • 3-cell lithium polymer battery for up to 8.5 hours run time
  • 2.76 lbs, 0.8" x 11.3" x 8"
  • Genuine Google Chrome OS Software

One grand prize winner will receive a $500 Visa Gift Card and HP 14″ Chromebook PC. Twenty additional winners will also receive a Back To School prize package.

Giveaway ends Aug. 15 at 11:59pm, open to US and Canadian residents, ages 18+. Excludes Quebec. 

Only one entrant per household, per address. Winner is subject to eligibility verification. Enter using the giveaway form below. Good luck! 

Disclaimer: The participating bloggers were not compensated for this post. No purchase is necessary to enter. One entrant per household, per address. Void where prohibited by law. Winner(s) will be contacted by email and have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. The sponsor(s) will be responsible for product shipment to winner(s) of this sweepstakes. This event is in no way administered, sponsored, or endorsed by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter, Google, Pinterest. Contact teri@mompoweredmedia.com if you have any additional questions or comments.

 

38 comments:

denise smith said...

my kids are older so we use microsoft word alot

lauren s. said...

As a teacher, I use a LOT of iPad apps in the classroom. There really are a lot of great apps out there, if you are willing to take the time to test them all out!

michie2003 said...

Computer use of course.

ginette4 said...

We use the computer, lots of google searches

Robin Wilson said...

The computer and ipad

Some Lucky Dog said...

Our grandson uses his Kindle for required reading books.
CINDY BROOKS on gt

slehan said...

I'd love to be able to leave the house and stay connected. Right now I just have a desktop computer.
Thanks for the contest.

slehan at juno dot com

Robin Wilson said...

The only thing I have to use is my computer.

Unknown said...

My kids like to do their required reading on the Kindle

Anonymous said...

My kids like tv and laptop. they are a big fan of laptop as they can play games and watch a lot of educational videos.

Elizabeth Woodrum said...

I LOVE Chromebooks. I am a teacher and have been trying to get my hands on as many as I can for my classroom. I've written grants and currently have a Donors Choose project going. We have a few at my school, but not enough to be able to use them frequently. I've used them for research and assessments as well as games and group work. I was hesitant to move away from using Word, but Google Docs is so much more convenient for classroom use.

Sandysfaves said...

We use the computer mainly. We research a lot by going to sites like Wikipedia and historical websites. We use the library website for research also. And also we like to research genealogy to learn about our family history.

Unknown said...

We use the computer for every coarse she takes, and she is much more efficient and knowledgeable

Dawn said...

My granddaughter is almost 2 years old, so she is always looking for something to keep her interest! We use apps on my iPhone, and I am always trying to get her to say her ABC's, and numbers!

slehan said...

I have a computer and the library.

slehan at juno dot com

Unknown said...

We mostly use the computer but our teenager uses her ipad with such efficiency it astounds me

Sandysfaves said...

We use the computer for the most part. We go to several different research websites including Wikipedia and the Library website. We use it a lot to request research materials from the library too.

Unknown said...

We use the computer for almost everything now

Unknown said...

We mostly all use the computer to find out almost everything

Anonymous said...

Lucy has a computer and an iPad. Sometimes we do learning app activities on my phone.

slehan said...

The library is still an excellent resource.

slehan at juno dot com

slehan said...

The library is still an excellent resource.

slehan at juno dot com

Anonymous said...

8/8 daily comment: I also use my computer to do research on general things of interest.

slehan said...

I read books on an e-reader.

slehan at juno dot com

Jenn Kitty said...

My 8 year old son and 9 year old daughter love their iPads for educational purposes as well as fun stuff. Thank you for an amazing giveaway!

Jenn, x@jenn.nu
http://www.jenn.nu

trishka said...

I need a graphing calculator for my last kidlet

Maria's Space said...

We use the computer for everything. To do homework to practice for spelling and to take sample math tests

Unknown said...

We allow the use of the desk top for web sites like PBS kids and Nick Jr . There are lots of fun learning games on both sites.

Unknown said...

Computer and iPad for everyday use..especially homework and internet access

Megan Parsons said...

We use the laptop for research!

Kamla L. said...

I tutor high school and college math so I use my desktop computer create lesson plans and assignments, keep in touch with my students, review electronically submitted assignments.

Anonymous said...

We use an iPad, laptops, and occasionally the iPhone for educational purposes.

StephanieR said...

I use my computer and my phone.

Brian Godspeed said...

I love cutting-edge technology, and I use my laptop to purchase and read plenty of ebooks from Amazon, primarily about personal development and spiritual growth.

I love learning and I always look forward to using what I learn to help those around me. This Chromebook will be a gift for someone very dear to me (incidentally eager for a small laptop), and the $500 Visa card will be used for many, many more books and ebooks to expand my mind and grow my education! :)

Anonymous said...

We use an iPad for research, we use a laptop for research, and we use an iPhone for apps that help with math.

Unknown said...

We use the nook to read from and the computer.

Ronald Gagnon said...

I use the computer but she uses b0th the computer and an Ipad to do schoolwork or research..or music and fun and

slehan said...

I use my computer to learn about things.

slehan at juno dot com