Contributed by AupairJobs
Growing up a few decades ago, no one worried about what kids ate. Everyone seemed to envy kids because they had such high metabolisms they could burn off anything.
However, now that kids sit in front of the TV or play video games for hours on end they don’t have such high metabolisms, and childhood obesity is now a huge risk.
Here are 30 blog entries regarding things you can do with and for your kids to keep them healthy.
Send kids out to play. Parents no longer send their kids outside and tell them to come home once the street lights go on as they did years ago, but that doesn’t mean that outside time should be banished. Here are five blog posts that provide some suggestions on how to get kids moving and playing more outdoors.
- After School Exercise and Nutrition Program Reaches Out to Urban School Children
- Toys that Teach, Entertain, and Give Kids Exercise
- Kids and Exercise
- Let New York City Kids Exercise!
- Teaching Kids How to Love and Appreciate Exercise
Balanced Diet Examples
Kids need more than just exercise, even though exercise will go a long way to helping kids lead a healthy life. Kids need to eat the right kinds of food. These five bloggers will give you examples of balanced diets for kids.
- How to Keep Your School Kids Healthy
- Balanced Diet Key in Healthy Outcomes for Children
- How to Help Improve Your Child’s Immunity
- Experts for Balanced Diet for Children
- Are Your Kids Eating a Balanced Diet
Getting your kids to live a healthy lifestyle can be tough. Are there tips and tricks that you can use? Check out these five blog posts to get some ideas.
- Making Time for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Healthy Tip #59
- “H5H:” Kids Teaching Kids About Healthy Lifestyles
- Top 3 Easy and Simple Healthy Lifestyle Changes for You and Your Kids
- Encourage a Healthy Lifestyle for Your Kids
How do you get your kids to eat the healthy food that you know they need to eat? Some kids may be willing to eat a piece of grilled fish, steamed broccoli and a fresh salad, but there are many who won’t. Here are some kid-friendly recipes that are healthy.
- 5 Healthy Kid-Friendly Dip Recipes
- Healthy Family-Friendly Dinner Recipes
- Kid Friendly Healthy Recipes
- What iCarly Taught Me About Kid-Friendly Veggie Recipes…
- Kid-Friendly Vegan Recipe: Hearty Home-style Spaghetti
Kids in the Kitchen
One way to get kids to try things that they might not otherwise try is to let them cook it themselves. One night a week when you don’t have a bunch of activities going on, take the time to get the kids into the kitchen. These bloggers agree and give you more information on how to do it.
- Kids Cooking Classes
- Kids Cooking Class—Healthy Monkey Smoothie
- Cooking with Kids: Healthy Fall Recipes
- Easy Blueberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
- Teaching Kids How to Cook
There are so many confusing messages out there about body image. Kids see models and think that they need to be thin like them. Kids are teased and called fat and now instead of seeing themselves in a positive light their self-esteem suffers. Read what these bloggers who have tackled the body image topic have to say.
- Experts: Sexting, Body Image Issues Pervasive in Kids
- Body Image and Kids: Your Body Image Plays a Role in Theirs
- Body Image Issues Aren’t Just for Girls Anymore
- Raising Kids with Positive Body Image
- Helping Our Children Have a Healthy Body Images
How do you keep your kids healthy? Share your secrets with other moms so we can fight this for our kids together.