While Kristen and Dylan picked the flavors they wanted to try first, we had to put the machine together, and wash the bottles. But, it didn't take long before we were ready for them to make a drink.
It's easy enough for the kids to do it, with adult supervision, but the noise as the carbonation takes place, scared Kristen a little at first. I can honestly say we had no accidental sprays or anything, because we read the instructions first.
Kristen got to pick the first flavor and make it, and she wanted Cranberry/Raspberry. Everyone liked the flavor, even though they didn't expect to.
After making another bottle of water, Dylan made a bottle of Root Beer. It tastes exactly like it, too.
After getting use to the sound, Kristen was ready to try using the SodaStream. We told her how she had to pulse the button to carbonate the water and she did a great job while sitting on grandpa's lap.
Kristen had her grandpa help her so she could make Dr. Pete. It tastes just like Dr. Pepper. She really likes it.
I am very impressed with SodaStream. The diet drinks are healthier. It's easy, fresh, and cheaper. Not only does SodaStream save you money, but it saves the environment. My husband said it's perfect for parties, too.
The Genesis soda maker is based on modern slim-line design which looks beautiful in any kitchen, and is a great choice for small kitchens. Among the Genesis features are: automatic access gas release mechanism, an attractive and unique color variety, a clever design ensuring minimum space taken on work top, customized carbonation level, and and easy to clean drip tray.
Using your own home carbonation system means:
- Less packaging waste from cans and bottles.
- Less pollution caused by transport of bottled beverages.
One SodaStream carbonator makes 60 or 110 liters, equivalent to 170 or 310 aluminum cans! When empty, the carbonator is refilled and reused, ready to make more fizzy and tasty soda whenever you want it.
Quick Facts About SodaStream
- World leader in the manufacture and distribution of Home Carbonation Systems.
- Trademarks: SodaStream®, Soda-Club®, AlcoJet®, Sprudelino®, Aquabar®, and Gazoz®. Aquafizz®, Aquabubbler®, Penguin®, Sodamaker®. Fountain Jet®, Edition1®, among others.
- Home Carbonation Systems (HCS), "Razor and Razor Blade" business model.
- Geographies: 42 countries (12 wholly-owned).
- Distribution: 50,000 points of sale, mainly retail channels.
- Manufacturing: 7 locations worldwide including Germany, Israel and China.
- Consumers: estimated 5 million active households.
- More than 600 million liters of SodaStream carbonated drinks produced annually.