Dancing with the Stars Season 18
Last season I didn't watch because there wasn't anyone I wanted to cast a vote for. After looking at the new lineup below, I feel the same this season.
This season the star lineup includes:
- Sean Avery, former pro hockey player
- Candace Cameron Bure, actress, producer, New York Times bestselling author and inspirational speaker
- Drew Carey, stand-up comic turned actor and producer
- Meryl Davis, one of the longest-running ice dancing partnership in the history of United States figure skating
- Charlie White, one of the longest-running ice dancing partnership in the history of United States figure skating
- NeNe Leakes, actress on Bravo’s “Real Housewives of Atlanta
- James Maslow, star of the hit television series “Big Time Rush” and member of the worldwide bestselling music group of the same name.
- Danica McKellar, best known as Winnie Cooper on “The Wonder Years”.
- Diana Nyad, the first person to swim from Cuba to Florida.
- Amy Purdy, lost her legs at 19, is the top ranked adaptive snowboarder in the U.S. and three-time World Cup Para-snowboard winner.
- Cody Simpson, recently released “The Acoustic Sessions” EP that followed the release of his sophomore album, 2013’s “Surfers Paradise”.
- Billy Dee Williams, actor in “The Lego Movie” and TV series “Private Practice”.
There's a new twist this season, “The Switch Up”Maybe due to falling ratings, the show will now feature a new interactive twist called “The Switch Up.” Voters at home will now have the power to change the pairings of the celebrities and professional dancers. This new rule will affect all the couples. They will be required to switch partners at some point in the season. This is sure to complicate scores and relationships.
Although the host Tom Bergeron is returning, his new co-host is now Erin Andrews (sports host and “Dancing with the Stars” Season 10 finalist).
The two-hour live national television season premiere of “Dancing with the Stars,” airs tonight at 8 pm ET on ABC. Will you watch?
Is there anyone on the show you want to vote for? Do you like the new rules?