Barbara's Beat: MOMtreprenuer Crafter of the Day: DIY Cake Boss party ruffle aprons, hat and cake stand tutorials by Jen
Sam's Club

Friday, September 16, 2011

MOMtreprenuer Crafter of the Day: DIY Cake Boss party ruffle aprons, hat and cake stand tutorials by Jen

Jen of Passions for Parties has a DIY Cake Boss ruffle aprons tutorial for children that is so cute. She started with a plain white bib apron and iron-on transfer paper.




Then add velcro strips to the apron. Next you'll make your ruffles so the kids can attch them to the apron. They get to customize the aprons to their liking.

For all the detailed instructions you have to visit Passions for Parties.


But, that's not all. Jen has also included a tutorial for baking hats. She took plainwhite baking hats and iron-on transfer paper like in the apron tutorial.

She explains how the kids can make flowers for the hats with cupcake liners. Then the flowers are pinned to the hats.

For the detailed instructions you have to visit Passions for Parties.


Finally, Jen had to add a tutorial for the Cake Boss party about cake stands. They are easy and inexpensive to make.

Jen went to the dollar store for white melamine plates and glass candleholders. She then bought white spray paint and a tube of E6000 glue.


Go to Passion for Parties for the details on this project. Looks like they had a great party.

Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Gail Williams said...

I loved this apron for children and the tutorial. i am a seamstress and grandma and have wanted to do a Cupcake boss tea party for my 2 granddaughters for a long time. This summer we will use this idea. T

Unknown said...

Incredible. I love the apron. I need to make some of those cake stands for my daughters shower I am hosting at the end of August

Unknown said...

I love the apron. I am a grandma and I have been teaching my oldest granddaughter how to sew. This is a beautiful craft that I know we will enjoy making.