2013 Online Reader Photo Contest
Our State magazine is searching for you and your photos. You have a chance to win $250 if you're the grand prize winner.
How does the contest work?
It's easy! Simply click the "Submit Your Photo" tab above and enter the photo that you think capture the beauty of North Carolina.
Registration is required prior to entering or commenting in the contest. You will be prompted to register or log in for each visit you make to the contest.
Entries will be accepted between Oct. 1 - 31. After that time, a panel of judges will select a set of 15 finalists and from those a grand prize winner will be selected by the judges. They will also choose first and second place winners from each category. A single photo will not win more than one accolade during the contest.
The grand prize winner will receive $250 cash. Category winners will receive credit to the Our State Store.
Please read the complete listing of Official Contest Rules, but here are few things to keep in mind:
- Contest is open to amateur photographers (those who do not make more than half of their income from their photography) age 18 and over.
- Submitted entries must have been taken in North Carolina between Oct. 1, 2011 and Oct. 31.
- Photographs must be the property of the person submitting.
- During the contest entry period (through October 31, 2013), you may enter up to five photographs in the contest. To be eligible for judging, each entry requires a separate submission.
- Each photo will be submitted into a category. Entrants will determine into which category their image best fits. Judges will choose a first and a second place winner from each category at the end of the contest to win a prize. Specific prize to be determined, but will not exceed $75 in value.