Now, promotions may be administered on Page Timelines and in apps on Facebook. For example, businesses can now:
- Collect entries by having users post on the Page or comment/like a Page post
- Collect entries by having users message the Page
- Utilize likes as a voting mechanism
As before, however, businesses cannot administer promotions on personal Timelines.
Accurate tagging is required in promotions.
In order to maintain the accuracy of page content, Facebook Pages Terms now prohibit Pages from tagging or encouraging people to tag themselves in content that they are not actually depicted in. So, for instance:
- It’s OK to ask people to submit names of a new product in exchange for a chance to win a prize
- It’s not OK to ask people tag themselves in pictures of a new product in exchange for a chance to win a prize
Facebook hopes these updates will enable more businesses to use Facebook to launch their promotions. For more information regarding the changes to these promotion policies, check out the downloadable Promotion Guidelines, which include FAQs and best practices for running promotions through Facebook.