Kids need exercise. And, wouldn't it be great if your child was the creative genius behind a new game that wins $10,000?
Do you know a creative kid who has come up with a super fun backyard game idea? Enter it in the Individual Category.
Five Individual finalists, between the ages of 6-12 years old will be chosen to present their games at the CLIF Kid Backyard Game of the Year Playoffs in San Diego in July.
At the Playoffs, a grand prize winner will receive a $10,000 scholarship and four runners-up will receive $1,000 scholarships. All five finalists will also win an awesome bike and a helmet.
- The contest entry period ends on June 17, at 9 a.m. PDT.
- Game must be created by kids ages 6 - 12
- Game must be able to be played outside
- Game must include two or more players
- Game can use physical play elements such as balls, hula hoops, chairs, etc.
- Game can use story elements such as role playing
- Game cannot promote violence
- View Official Individual Rules
You could be a winner, but only if you enter.
Are you part of a group or organization that works with kids who have an awesome backyard game idea? Enter it here in the Group Category.
Remember, at least two kids between the ages of 6-12 years old, have to help invent the game idea for it to be qualified as a Group submission. Three Group finalists will be announced on the CLIF Kid Facebook page in late June, where the public will vote for their favorite game idea.
The Group grand prize winner will travel to San Diego in July to present their game at the CLIF Kid Backyard Game of the Year Playoffs.
"CLIF Kid will donate $15,000 to a 501(c)3 nonprofit of the winner's choice, which focuses on kids' health and well-being. In addition, CLIF Kid will donate $2,000 to a like nonprofit chosen by each of the two runners-up."