Barbara's Beat: A Father's Day gift, just for you
Sam's Club

Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Father's Day gift, just for you

Welcome to our newest guest blogger, Phoenix, who is 15, from North Carolina.

A Father's Day gift, just for you

Only a few days from your special day
So I started now to get this done by Sunday


I figured something written would be more personal than a Hallmark card
At least to explain all the good traits that make you who you are

Compromising and flexible as always
Trying to be there for me on most days

Not many parents are able to be there for their child
Even if I don't show it, your presence will never fail to make me smile

If it weren't for you for getting us up and ready,
Our daily routine for school would be nowhere near as steady

Not to mention getting us "motivated" to clean one way or another
A messy house isn't what we'd plan to offer even if it tends to be a bother

Yes, you may not understand your daughter all the time
But at least you try and that makes it all the more sublime

Daddy's Little Girl wants to follow in Daddy's footsteps when she grows up,
Hopefully she does you proud that day just as she writes these couplets; short, sweet and abrupt.

No matter what, that work ethic will be my motivator when I'm an adult,
A plebeian like you are now; perhaps it will conjure up another successful result

Have I ever told you how hard it is to find a gift for you?
Rarely wanting, hopefully a gift from the heart will do

And that ends my rambling about you, Dad.
It may not describe all that you do, but I couldn't think of much else to add

Happy Father's Day, I hope you enjoy your gift
It's not easy thinking of something for you,
but I figure you could come home to something after a long shift. :)


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: