Barbara's Beat: Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner turned out better than ever
Sam's Club

Friday, March 18, 2011

Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner turned out better than ever


I make it every year on March 17, but this year I think it was better than ever. I used the crock pot for the first time to slow cook the corned beef with the spices.

Then after several hours, when the meat was about to fall apart, I transferred the liquid and meat to a pot on the stove top and added baby carrots, green beans, cut up potatoes, and a head of cabbage. An hour later it was dinner. 

Personally, I add a little vinegar to my cabbage on my plate. Dinner was very good. 

Share/Save/Bookmark

8 comments:

HilLesha O'Nan said...

Looks good! =)

Maggie said...

This looks really tasty!

Tammy said...

I want some corned beef now!

That Bald Chick said...

I didn't make corned beef and cabbage, because I don't know how and I would have been the only one to eat it. The 2yo and 3yo in this house think that if it's not rolled into a hot dog, it's not edible.

Anonymous said...

Some year I will have to try it. :Looks good.

Ms D said...

My mouth is watering, LOL!! YUM :)

Jessica B. said...

Looks good!

I'm a new GFC follower from the Pitch List :) Would love for you stop by Mom of all Trades when you get a chance :)

thewovenspoke said...

Looks good, I also make my corned beef in the crock pot. Have a good weekend.