Barbara's Beat: Our teenage love story; Remembering our beloved dog, and other fav photos
Sam's Club

Monday, August 10, 2009

Our teenage love story; Remembering our beloved dog, and other fav photos

I love this picture of my teenage husband 35 years ago with our daughter, Patricia. We are a teenage success love story. Everyone said we wouldn't make it a year. We've been together 37 years.

This is me and my firstborn, my daughter, Patricia, who weighed 2 pounds, 4 ounces. She had a birthday yesterday. I was a teen mom, and I am now a grandma of three.

Elsie was queen when she was on her boat. And this was how we like to remember her before she left us and went to doggie heaven.

My husband, Henry, and Elsie, on one of many of their boat rides before she got sick.

Elsie started young riding the boat with her daddy and she loved it.

Elsie and my grandson, Tyler, roll around in the grass playing. They grew up together.

Elsie thought the bird bath was her water bowl and she would just help herself when she was thirsty.

Elsie guarded our grandsons. As long as she was around, no one was getting near them,

Elsie loved her pool even though she had outgrown this one she liked it better than the bigger one.

Elsie liked to play tug of war with the water hose.

My mom, Bonnie, and my granddaughter, Kristen, made each other smile when they visited each other when she was a baby.

My mother-in-law Mary, 80, kisses my granddaughter, Kristen, during their first meeting. Kristen has the same middle name as my daughter, my mother-in-law, my mom, myself, and my daughter-law.

My son, Thomas and his wife, Amanda, the night we took them to dinner before they left to move out west. We haven't seen them since May 2008.

MckLinky Blog Hop

4 comments:

Barb said...

Loved getting to learn a little more about your family through the photos

Angie Vik said...

Greetings from Wisconsin,
Doing the blog hopping thing. Your dog looks like such a good dog for kids. You must have lots of good memories.

jules said...

Wow, I loved reading your post. We were married at 18 and are about to celebrate 27 years this fall. You need to see your son and his wife............that's way too long.

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

Congrats on a wonderul love story...or I guess love stories! I am following from the MomDot Club!