Barbara's Beat: Grandkids grow too fast, I already miss them
Sam's Club

Monday, June 1, 2009

Grandkids grow too fast, I already miss them


My husband and I are so lucky to live near our grandchildren. I feel sad for the grandparents who miss out on the opportunity to share in the lives of their grandchildren.

From birth, to crawling, their first tooth and first step, we have been there to share the joy. We have taught them to ride a bike, and bait a fishing hook.

We have attended their birthday parties, school and church plays, and sports games.

We have gone to carnivals, the circus, the lake and mountains, and soon we hope to take them on vacation to the beach.

But, the years have flown by. Our oldest grandson is already eleven. And our youngest grandson is eight. It seems they were babies like their sister not too long ago.

Where has the time gone? I already miss the days that have passed. We can't get them back. We have to make the best of what days we have with them while they are still young, because they don't stay young for long.

No comments: